Our Mission, Vision and Values
To provide a lifelong home to donkeys, mules and hinnies who are unwanted, neglected or abused, or whose owners can no longer care for them; and to promote the responsible stewardship of all animals through humane education.
We envision a world in which the dignity and worth of all creatures are recognized and respected.
We grant to every animal admitted:
- Peace, freedom and protection
- The best possible care and medical attention
- The right of life regardless of age or condition
- A dignified, peaceful death, induced only in the event of extreme suffering and the loss of quality of life
We work to uphold the Five Freedoms:
- Freedom from hunger and thirst
- Freedom from discomfort
- Freedom from pain
- Freedom to express normal behaviour
- Freedom from fear and distress